Keith Young

Membership

14 posts in this topic

Hi There,

Can anybody tell me when i can apply for a membeship/ season ticket to fish the almond for next season?

Thanks

Keith

Hi Keith

You are probably a wee bit early as this season has just finished and the AGM has not yet taken place.....This is when the rules, prices etc for membership are usually confirmed.

Beginning of January should be plenty of time.

Not many members look in on the forum any more which is probably why you haven't had a reply yet.

Tight lines when you eventually get fishing.

Colin

I notice that the treasurer email doesn't work. Can someone advise where to send 2017 C&R's?

Hi Alan

I don't think many...or any? ....people use the forum to communicate about the club / river anymore. 

I think the catch returns go to Richy Melrose the Treasurer. Not sure if it is too late now as they were to be in around middle of November.

Hope you and Jack are well.

Cheers

Colin

4 minutes ago, Colin McKay said:

I don't think many...or any? ....people use the forum to communicate about the club / river anymore.

4 minutes ago, Colin McKay said:

Ah that explains it Colin, is there not much communication going on in general, or  are folk using somewhere else, Facebook or whatever (which i dont have)?

Yes, both doing well thanks. In the absence of crask i had a wee soiree up north again this year, further up on the north coast. Some nice lochs. Probably going to South Uist next year if anyone has any recommendations of where to fish?

I think, but not entirely sure as I don't do facebook or any of these things either, that is where people are communicating, but you are right Alan, there is not much communication going on outwith the committee members and a few others like yourself. You can't go wrong on South Uist  Alan.......I've been there 3 times in the last 4 years and the fishing is great. I'll do a more extensive explanation later but I can guarantee you will not be stuck for choice.....all the lochs fish well on their day and there are some huge troots in some of them.....a wee word of warning though, if they are not "on their day" it can be dour!!....it depends on when, where and what you want to fish for how you go about it. One loch I would definitely recommend though is the Mill Loch.......my all time favourite and always gives me a good day. Best to get in touch with the South Uist estates office though prior to your visit and give preference on the lochs you want to fish......I can't remember the proper name of the organisation but I'll do a more extensive post when I have more time.

Thanks colin,

If I firm up plans I'll get in touch for more info cheers

Alan

Hi, how can ensure that I have my ticket for the start of the season. Fancy some early ST fishing (have done well in the past in Feb). I emailed the treasurer account but no reply?

Thanks 

Looking to buy new gadgets, Check out the latest tech news, Automotive articles, Gadgets reviews, Compare latest smartphones & explore the technological world.

Latest Tech News