Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colin McKay

Season 2018

6 posts in this topic

Out twice for a couple of hours on Beat 2 in the last couple of days.  Tried heavy nymphs and big dries fished blind but no signs of the fish looking up or moving.....blanked both times with not even a sniff of a fish.  Still a bit of a cold wind so hopefully the warmer weather will improve things. 

Out again yesterday on Bt 3. A few fish showing here and there but maybe not quite warm enough yet for a proper rise. Managed one small brownie on a silver beaded nymph but didn't touch anything else.

Been down 3-4 times so far had fish each time though hatches have been brief and risers few and far between. Today best fish was a beauty at 3lb on the nail roll on May. 

Edited by Col w

Nice one Col.......That 3lb'er is an absolute cracker of a fish......Obviously a lot more skilled angler than I am !

Do you give lessons !!!?

Thanks Colin just get lucky now and again... no I don't give lessons I wouldn't consider myself qualified just a hobby for my days off.

Was down again today . Went and fished beat 3 again not much happening . 3 fish two to dries and my first of the season on a nymph.

I was joking Col.......About the lessons that is.....Takes more than luck....your just being modest !!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0